A First For Local Banks: UnionPay Credit Card by AmBank!
AmBank, one of Malaysia’s largest banks has launched the new Platinum UnionPay credit card, a first from a local bank in the Malaysian credit card market. You read right, the first!
The Platinum credit card is targeted towards frequent travelers between Malaysia and China. UnionPay is less common internationally, but holds a very strong presence and acceptance in China, making the card ideal for those who frequent the larger country.
As a card targeted towards frequent flyers, it offers several features and benefits that make their travelling a little more rewarding and enjoyable.
- 5X AmBonus Points for overseas spend (transactions outside Malaysia, online transactions are not counted)
- Points to Airline Miles conversion with selected airlines
- Complimentary airport lounge access at Plaza Premium Lounge in over 26 major airports internationally, plus 25% off lounges in Malaysia and 20% off lounges overseas for accompanying guests.
- Complimentary UnionPay Lounge access at Pavilion Mall, Kuala Lumpur
- Exclusive dining, shopping, and lifestyle offers
- Premium Golf Privileges at over 350 golf courses internationally
- Hilton Dining & Hotel privileges: 25% off dining and 20% off Easy Cancellation Rate
- Travel Insurance coverage up to RM1 million
- 24-hour UnionPay Concierge Service
- Annual Fee waiver for the first year; subsequent years’ waived with min. spending of RM20,000 p.a.
UnionPay is no stranger to AmBank, as they have had a strong partnership since 2013. AmBank serves as one of the top banks for people to access the UnionPay platform.
The other local bank that offers a UnionPay card is Public Bank, though that is a debit card, not a credit card.