CompareHero.my Terms and Conditions
CompareHero.my ("CompareHero") is held and provided by CompareHero Global Ltd.
In the terms and conditions stated here, whenever we use "us", "we" and "our", it refers CompareHero and "you" and "your" refers to anyone who uses thisCompareHero.my.
- If you violate any of the terms mentioned herein, your right to access and use this website shall be terminated immediately.
- We offer an independent online service that allows you to compare banking products provided by several third party service providers (Service Provider). Our comparison service is free of charge. We generate revenue by charging the concerned Service Provider a fee and/or commission for the leads generated.
- We additionally allow you to get assistance and help offline (such as over the telephone) on using this website either from us or from our Service Providers with respect to banking products or services that are featured on our website. We do not charge you for this service.
- Please bear in mind that nothing on this website ought to be thought of as financial advice or a recommendation of any of the featured products or services. Information on this website is provided to help you choose the product or service that best meets your needs. However, it is solely your responsibility to check the suitability of the product or service that is of interest to you and it is your decision to get or refrain from getting any product or service.
- Please bear in mind that nothing on this website is, or shall be deemed to represent, a proposal by us or any third party to sell to you any product or service or to enter into any contract with you in respect to any product or service. By giving us your details, you are making a proposal to get the relevant product or service from the relevant third party based on its terms and conditions.
- We aim to give you uninterrupted access to the current website. However, we cannot assure you of uninterrupted availability of this website. We have the right to suspend, limit or terminate your access to the current website at any time.
- We reserve the right to feature, amend, delete, edit, take away or modify any data, content, material or information displayed on this website at any time.
- You are solely permissible to access and use this website for personal, non-commercial functions, which means this website shall solely be accessed and used directly by a private individual or by a business to hunt a product or service for that individual or business and on their own behalf. Access to and use of this website aside from for your personal, non-commercial functions is strictly prohibited.
- You cannot use this website:
- In any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner.
- To hurt, abuse, embarrass, defame, libel, threaten, intimidate or harass another person or business, or in a manner that invades another person's privacy or is obscene, offensive, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, objectionable, unacceptable, discriminatory or damaging as determined by us.
- To alter or reverse engineer any part of this website.
- In a way that interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our communications and technical systems as determined by us.
- Using any automatic computer code, process, program, robot, net crawler, spider, data processing, trawling or alternative 'screen scraping' computer code, process, program or system.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright of the data, content, material or information displayed on this website belongs to us or our licensor. You may only print, copy, transfer or store extracts of content, material or information (Content) displayed on this website for your own personal use if you abide by the following conditions:
All intellectual property rights such as patents, logos, net domain names, ethical rights, data, supply codes, software, specifications, know-how, processes and business strategies (in all cases whether or not registered or unregistered and as well as all rights to use for registration) in and about this website (including data, content, material or information displayed on it) are owned by us or our licensors and such rights are reserved.Except as mentioned elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, none of the intellectual property rights that belong to us or our licensors in and about this website (including data, content, material or information displayed on it) can be used, copied, modified, published, transmitted, sold, excerpted, reverse designed, reproduced, reformatted or distributed by you without our express written consent.All rights in CompareHero.my are owned by us.Upon submission of personal information in order to receive marketing emails, we will send you email offers, content, and news, related to the content of our website and off-site channels like Facebook and blog content.
- It cannot be used for any business or commercial functions without our permission.
- You will not use any automatic computer code, process, program or system, robot, net crawler, spider, data processing, trawling or alternative 'screen scraping' computer code, process, program.
- It cannot be sold out or transferred to any third party
- The copy should retain any copyright or alternative property notices contained within the original
- Images displayed on this website are protected by copyright and will not be reproduced or taken in any way without the written permission of the various owner(s).
- No logos, trademarks or service marks displayed on this website can be written or downloaded, except as a part of the text of which they are already part of.
- You should not modify the paper or digital copies of such data, content, material or information. It shall not be excerpted, reproduced, published, used, reformatted and/or displayed on another website without our written permission.
- The standing of us and our licensors as authors of such data, content, material or information should be acknowledged at all times.
Exclusions of Liability
- We take all efforts to ensure that the information, material and knowledge on the website are correct and to rectify any errors or omissions as soon as practicable when being notified of them. However, we are not accountable if the information, material and knowledge from a third party, on the website is inaccurate or if there are any errors or omissions within the data, material and information.
- We do not endorse any material information and data submitted or provided by third parties that is presented on the website and you must bear in mind that such information could also be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We will not be held liable for any knowledge, material or data on the website that has been provided by third parties.
- We do not provide any warranty that the website or any information on this Website or any third party website is free from viruses or anything which can have a harmful impact on any technology.
- We hold no responsibility for losses or damages arising from an inability to access the website and from any use of the website that is beyond our control.
- We are not accountable or to blame for any indirect losses or damages suffered or incurred by you or those which were not predictable when you accessed or used this website. This includes any loss of savings you expect to make, loss of business or business opportunity, loss of profit or revenue or for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur in connection with your use of this Website which was not foreseeable by us when you used this Website.
- A number of our channels can offer you with access to third party websites who can host reviews concerning a number of the products and services. In some instances you will even be able to access user reviews directly on the website. The views expressed in third party websites do not represent our views and we will not be accountable for the accuracy or content of any such views or expressions.
Third Party Liability
- A number of our channels can offer you access to third party websites who can host reviews concerning a number of the products and services. In some instances you will even be able to access user reviews directly on the website. The views expressed in third party websites do not represent our views and we will not be responsible for the accuracy or content of any such views or expressions. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such linked websites are entirely at your own risk.
- All hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a matter of convenience to you as a user of the website. In no circumstance shall CompareHero be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos or insignia that appears on such third party websites.
Application for Banking Products and Services
- You will be able to apply for a variety of products and services via a link from this website to the relevant Service Provider's website. You are solely responsible for your choice of product or service. We are not accountable or to blame for any loss or harm you will suffer or incur as a result of any product or service you get when using this website or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any Service Provider in reference to that product or service.
- You may also choose to apply for a Service Provider's products and Services through CompareHero.my. By providing us with your details and on your written instructions to do so, you are authorising CompareHero to make an application for the relevant product or service on your behalf from the Service Provider based on its terms and conditions. CompareHero makes no representation or gives any warranty on the outcome of such application.
- Please bear in mind that the data and descriptions of products and services on this website may not contain all the options and terms and conditions of these products and services. It is your responsibility to understand and consider all the options and terms and conditions of any product or service before applying for it.
- If you apply for and acquire any product or service, you will be in contact with the Service Provider who is providing that product or service to you on their own terms and conditions. It is solely your responsibility to make sure that you agree to those terms and conditions before entering into a contract to get that product or service. We are not responsible for any loss or harm you will suffer or incur as a result of the terms and conditions applying to any contract entered into by you with any Service Provider in respect of any product or service or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any Service Provider in reference to those terms and conditions.
- Nothing on this website is, or shall be deemed to represent, a proposal or offer by us or any Service Provider to sell to you any product or service or to enter into any contract with you in respect of any product or service.
- We aim to provide all our customers with a high level of service and satisfaction but if you wish to complain about any aspect of our service, please contact us at 013-254 8320.
- For the purposes of handling complaints, our working days are Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm, excluding Public Holidays.
- Please take note that if your complaint is regarding a product or service that you have purchased via this website, you should complain directly to the relevant Service Provider responsible for supplying the product or service about which you wish to complain.
- We cannot answer complaints on behalf of a Service Provider or accept responsibility for any such complaints. We recommend that you visit the website of the Service Provider and follow their complaints procedure if you wish to make a complaint against them.
- In the event that further mediation is required in relation to the issue, notice can be sent to a higher authority regarding the complaint. Further channels of mediation include:
- NCCC - National Consumer Complaints CentreJalan SS 1/22a, Kampung Tunku, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia;
- Malaysia Mediation CentreNo 15, Leboh Pasar Besar, 50050 Kuala Lumpar.
- You have to take all necessary precautions to make sure that any data, content, material or information you offer (including User Content as delineated) are free from viruses, spyware, malicious software and anything which can have a contaminating, harmful or damaging impact on any part of this website or the websites of third parties or any other technology
- You may complete a registration as part of your use of this website. Your username and password should be kept confidential by you and not be disclosed to, or shared with anyone. If you choose to share these details with anyone, you are responsible for all activities undertaken on this website using your username and password.
- You are responsible for your conduct on this website and for your User Content. You guarantee that your User Content does not violate any privacy rights, holding rights (such as copyright, information rights and trademarks) or alternative rights of any third party (including any right of confidentiality).
- Furthermore, your User Content should not violate any law. It should not be harmful, fraudulent, threatening, defamatory, embarrassing, distressing, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, daunting, harassing, libelous, stalking, profane, obscene, indecent, inappropriate, hateful, discriminatory or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable.
These Terms and Conditions was last amended on 25th April 2016.