#CHeats: Top 8 Chinese Restaurants For CNY Reunion Dinner With Discounts
Written by Diana Lee.
How time flies, Chinese New Year is just 2 weeks away! Unsure where to have reunion dinner this year? Fret not – we’re here to help!
We’ve shortlisted the top 8 best restaurants within Klang Valley for your reunion dinner this year: complete with price comparisons, menu details, and special offers available!
- Shang Palace @ Shangri-la Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Red Chinese Cuisine @ Pullman Hotel KLCC
- YEN @ W Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant @ Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Brasserie 25 @ Hotel Stripes Kuala Lumpur
- Lai Po Heen @ Mandarin Oriental Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Tao Chinese Cuisine @ InterContinental Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Shang Palace @ Shangri-la Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Awarded for ‘Best Service’ at T.Dining’s Best Restaurant Awards, Shang Palace is a great choice for those who want a reunion dinner served with top notch traditional dishes. This year, Shang Palace’s Chinese New Year menu is available between 2nd January to 8th February as listed below.
- Great Prosperity Set Menu, RM238 per pax (min 4 pax)
- Rich Fortune Set Menu, RM288 per pax (min 6 pax)
- Happy Reunion Set Menu, RM398 per pax (min 6 pax)
*All sets come with Yee Sang and steamed Ninko.
Yee Sang ranges between RM99 to RM388. Select from 5 different varieties:
- Korean Snow Pear
- Smoked Salmon
- Tempura Soft Shell Crab and Shimeji Mushroom
- Crispy Fish Skin & Jellyfish
- Sliced Abalone with Caviar
Premium Abalone Poon Choy (pictured above) worth RM1,988 for 10 pax. It includes 10 head abalone, sea cucumber, Japanese dried scallops, goose web, king prawn, roasted duck, steamed chicken, sea moss fish ball, dried oysters, dried fish maw, bean curd sticks, sea moss, baby cabbage, mushrooms, white radish, gluten, oyster mushroom, and premium yam.
11, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250, Kuala Lumpur.
For reservations: +603 2074 3900 or email@example.com.
Red Chinese Cuisine @ Pullman Hotel KLCC
Designed with a modern chic twist, Red Chinese Cuisine offers an atmospheric dining space, with four exclusive VIP rooms ideal for private family reunions!
Available between 2nd January to 8th February, Red Chinese Cuisine offers 3 reunion set menus to pick from (for 10 pax):
- Spring and Happiness Set (RM2,088)
- Prosperity Set at (RM2,388)
- Golden Prosperity Set at (RM2,888)
Prosperity Poon Choi is also available upon order, with ingredients such as abalone, sea cucumber, dried oysters, tiger prawns, fish maw, scallops, mushrooms, roast duck, free range chicken, Chinese cabbage, and abundance money bags.
There are two portions:
- RM388 for 4 pax
- RM888 for 8 pax
Last but not least, Yee Sang is also available starting from RM98 onwards. Best of all, all these are also available for take-away (for those who wish to celebrate at the comfort of their own homes).
Hotel & Residences, Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Jalan Conlay, 50450, Kuala Lumpur.
For reservations: +603 2170 8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
YEN @ W Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Located on the 11th floor overlooking the beautiful skyline of Kuala Lumpur city, YEN is famous for redefining Chinese classics in contemporary ways.
For this Chinese New Year, YEN offers:
- 4 exclusive reunion set menus (Happy Reunion Set Menu) for RM288+ per pax
- 4 varieties of Yee Sang – with a special twist using Singapore’s “The Golden Duck” salted egg yolk fish skin as one of the secret ingredients.
Give this place a try if you’re a big fan of the salted egg yolk fish skin! But book as early as possible to avoid disappointments as there are only two seatings available on the 24th:
- First seating: 5:30PM – 8:00PM
- Second seating: 8:30PM – 10:30PM
121, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450, Kuala Lumpur.
For reservations: +603-2786 8888 or email@example.com
Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant @ Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant offers one of the most affordable set menus in this list.
Available for both lunch and dinner from 2nd January to 8th February, their Chinese New Year reunion menus (priced from RM158+ per pax) offer a wide variety of prosperous Chinese dishes!
Some of the must-order dishes this Chinese New Year includes:
- Braised Free Range Chicken with Black Moss & Ginseng
- Stir-fried Baby Abalone with Four Varieties of Vegetables
- Braised Stuffed Dried Oyster with Vegetable
- Golden Spare Ribs with Pineapple and Wine
- Steamed Garlic Kuruma Prawns with Glass Noodle
- Simmered Trio Vegetables with Rice Broth
- Braised Pork Knuckle with Black Moss
- Traditional Crispy Prawn Roll
- Signature Steamed Estuary Garoupa on Lotus Leaf.
There are also 5 variations of Yee Sang available, priced between RM78.00 nett – RM158.00 nett (half/full) portions.
2, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50250, Kuala Lumpur.
For reservations: +603 2144 8750 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Brasserie 25 @ Hotel Stripes Kuala Lumpur
Craving for something different this year, other than the typical Chinese New Year set menus? How about a buffet at KL’s most iconic tea boutique: Brasserie 25!
Unlike the quintessential buffet spread, Hotel Stripes will be serving special Chinese New Year edition ‘Prosperity Man Tao’ in addition to barbecued meats and a dessert buffet just for Chinese New Year reunion on the 24th of January this year.
The Sizzling Reunion Dinner is priced at RM98 nett per adult and RM48 nett per child.
Lai Po Heen @ Mandarin Oriental Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Wish to have a lighter, healthier, yet auspicious reunion meal? You can have delectable dim sums for a change.
For Chinese New Year reunion this year, Lai Po Heen offers two dim sum set menus for lunch.
Longevity set (RM188 per pax) includes steamed fluffy buns filled with barbecue chicken, deep fried yam dumplings and steamed baby abalone and chicken Siew Mai.
Happiness set (RM238 per pax) on the other hand includes steamed prawn and water chestnut dumplings with gold leaf, deep fried roasted duck dumplings, and braised money bag filled with sea treasures and wok fried garden greens.
But whats a reunion dinner without a prosperity toss right? Order the MO Signature Yee Sang for only RM120 for a half portion and RM240 for a full portion. Otherwise, choose from 5 different varieties such as:
- Abalone Yee Sang (RM238 half / RM476 full)
- Canadian Surf Clam Yee Sang (RM230 half) / RM460 full)
- Yellowtail Yee Sang (RM180 half / RM360 full)
- Salmon Yee Sang (RM168 half / RM328 full)
- Vegetarian Snow Pear Yee Sang (RM98 half / RM196 full)
Tao Chinese Cuisine @ InterContinental Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Wish to enjoy a reunion dinner without constraints of a set menu? Head over to Tao Chinese Cuisine for à la carte Chinese New Year offerings! Select from a wide range of prosperous Chinese dishes or dim sum.
Their “Chinese New Year Special A La Carte Menu” includes:
- Premium double boiled soups, abalone and sea treasures, poultry, seafood, desserts and many more.
- Available from 24th January to 8th February.
- Prices start from RM22 per dish.
Their “A La Carte Dim Sum Menu” includes:
- Handcrafted bite-sized creations, such as pan-fried glutinous rice rolls with cheese, unagi and bonito flakes, steamed barbecue chicken bun, baked baby abalone puff with foie gras and more.
- Only available from 25th January to 8th February.
- Prices of each dish starts from RM18.
For those who don’t want to have Chinese New Year reunion dinner in a hotel, you can visit the mall instead. When it comes to authentic chinese restaurants in a mall, nothing beats Dragon-i!
Here are some of our favourite Chinese New Year offerings by Dragon-i this year:
- Prosperity Abalone Treasure Pot Feast (RM568)
- Signature Prosperity Abalone Treasure Pot Feast (RM738)
- Jelly fish and vegetable Yee Sang (RM68)