*Updated: Nov 7, 2019
Want to save more money on your monthly petrol bill? We’ve listed down the best credit cards for petrol cashback in Malaysia, find out more below!
Fret not! by using the right credit card you can enjoy savings on fuel. We’ve narrowed down the best credit cards for car owners.
Petrol Credit Card Features To Look Out For
Do you know that 40% of credit cards in Malaysia offers car-related benefits such as cashback or rewards points for petrol spending? A credit card that would be suitable for car owners should offer benefits on petrol, as well as benefits for other car-related expenses. This can be in the form of discounts for car servicing, insurance or freebies. For petrol benefits, it can be in the form of cashback or rewards points given when the card is used for petrol spending.
Based on the points above, we’ve narrowed down the best credit cards for car owners.
Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard®
| Get more|
Enjoy up to 15% cashback on auto-bill payments, online purchases, petrol and 0.2% cashback on other spends with Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard®! Check out the savings you can enjoy every month in the table shown below:
RETAIL SPEND PER CALENDAR MONTH (RM)
AUTO BILL PAYMENTS1, ONLINE PURCHASES2AND PETROL
Cashback Cap (RM)
1,000 – 1,499.99
1,500 – 2,499.99
2,500 and above
1Auto bill payments comprise of recurring bill payments from Insurance, Telco and Utilities.
2Online purchases comprise of all internet/online purchases and will be capped at RM30 every month.
However, take note that there is a cashback cap for retail spending and minimum petrol spend amount as stated above to be eligible for cashback.
- Minimum monthly income of RM3,000 (RM36,000 per annum)
- Age 21-65 years old
- Annual fee: Principal card RM250 (1st year Annual Fee Waiver ), supplementary card waived
- Subsequent years will be waived with a minimum spend of RM20,000 per year
Hong Leong WISE Credit Card
|Enjoy 10% cashback with a minimum of 10 retails transactions|
Enjoy 8% cashback when you pay for petrol, groceries and dining on Weekends with this cashback credit card. What is more, you will enjoy unlimited cashback on other transactions such as insurance, utilities, mobile and more.
- Minimum monthly income of RM2,000 (RM24,000 per annum)
- Annual fee: RM98 for Principal cardholders and RM80 for supplementary cardholders
HSBC Amanah MPower Platinum Credit Card-i
|8% Cashback for Petrol & Groceries spend|
If you want a card that gives you access to platinum privileges whilst being Shariah-compliant, this card can deliver that to you.
Benefits of this card:
- Earn up to 8% bonus cashback on petrol, groceries, and eWallet spend
- 20 days grace period for all shopping transactions, provided that all outstanding balance stated in the monthly statement is fully paid.
- This is a Credit Card-i which the cardholder will be utilising HSBC Amanah’s services and facilities and
therefore pays service fee (ujrah) for it.
- 21 years old with a minimum income of RM3,000 (RM36,000 per annum)
- Annual fees: RM90 for Primary card and RM45 for supplementary card.
Maybank Islamic Mastercard Ikhwan Gold Card
|5% rebate on petrol and groceries spent on Friday and Saturday|
This is an ideal credit card for those looking for a basic card or a basic and Islamic credit card. Features of this card are as below:
- No Annual Fee with no conditions attached.
- Umrah Trip. One weekly Umrah winner (package for 2pax) will be selected to win an Umrah package (for Muslims) or holiday package (for non-Musilms).
- 5% rebate on petrol and groceries spent on Friday and Saturday.
- Free Maybank Touch ‘n Go Zing card.
- Charity Fund. With every spending, the bank will contribute 0.1% for charity purposes.
As for the cashback, you will need to charge at least RM1,000 monthly to this card to receive the RM50 maximum monthly cashback.
- Malaysians with a minimum annual income of RM30,000
- Expatriate with a minimum income of RM60,000
Petronas Maybank Visa
This is another card you can consider to help you save on your petrol cost. You will also get additional privileges from this card as below:
- 5x TreatsPoints on weekdays and 8x TreatsPoints on the weekend whenever you spend at PETRONAS Service Stations
- 8x TreatsPoints for purchase at groceries every weekend
- No annual fees for life and no conditions attached
- Free Maybankard Touch n Go Zing Card
- Built-in Visa Wave
- Waived annual fee
The more points you collect, the more free petrol you can redeem!
- Minimum monthly income of RM2,500 (RM30,000 per annum)
- Lifetime free annual fees
CIMB PETRONAS Platinum Credit Card
This is a card you should consider if you frequently purchase fuel at Petronas as you can get up to 7% cash rebate every day using this card. The cash rebate minimum spend are stated below:
- 7% cash rebate with a statement balance of RM3,000 and above
- 3% cash rebate with a statement balance of RM3,000 and below
- Unlimited 0.2% Cash Rebate on other retail spending
- Waived annual fee
However, the cash rebate on Petronas spending will be capped at RM50 per month, but there is no limitation of cash rebate on other retail spending.
- Minimum income of RM2,000 (RM24,000 per annum)
AmBank CARZ Platinum Credit Card
|Collect CARz Point to redeem auto-related goods and services|
Here’s another Shariah-compliant credit card you can consider if you’re looking for an Islamic petrol card. It’s ideally for those who do not want to limit themselves to only one petrol brand. With this card, you can earn cash rebate on any petrol purchase regardless of the brands.
- Revolvers will get 5% rebate capped at RM80 rebate per card per month
- Transactors will get 2% rebate capped at RM20 per card per month.
- You will also collect CARz Point which you can then use to redeem auto-related goods and services.
- Minimum income RM4,000 (RM48,000 per annum)
- No annual fees for principal card and for the first 3 supplementary cards are also free.