6 Best Shopping Credit Cards For Malaysians In 2022
Are you an avid shopper who is looking for the best credit card to gain extra rewards and benefits? In this article, we listed 6 credit cards both for online and offline shopping you might need as a shopaholic.
Now, don’t get us wrong when we talk about shopping cards. We’re not encouraging you to be a shopaholic – instead, we believe that if you’re going to be spending anyway, might as well get rewarded for it!
So here are six credit cards that we love because they are incredibly rewarding:
- 1. Maybank Shopee Visa Platinum Credit Card
- 2. New AEON Gold Visa Credit Card
- 3. Lazada Citi Platinum MasterCard Credit Card
- 4. HSBC Platinum Mastercard Credit Card
- 5. Citi Rewards Mastercard Credit Card
- 6. Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard Credit Card
- Just remember, don’t spend beyond your means!
1. Maybank Shopee Visa Platinum Credit Card
Prefer shopping on Shopee over Lazada? Then this Maybank credit card is for you. The great thing about this card is that you can also accumulate Shopee Coins when you use the card for transactions outside the app!
- 5X Shopee Coins on Shopee, Dining, Entertainment & Contactless Payments
- 5X shopee coins on special days when spent on Shopee
- 1X shopee coins for other transactions
- 5000 Welcome Shopee coins
Minimum salary: RM2,000
Annual fee: RM0, waived for life
2. New AEON Gold Visa Credit Card
If you like cashback and points, you may find the AEON Gold Visa credit card perfect for you because it gives you the best of both worlds. It’s especially useful if you do most of your shopping in AEON, too.
Seeing as AEON covers everything from fresh produce to clothes to electrical items and health supplements, it’s possible that this card would reward you for spending on everything that you need.
- 5% Cashback for AEON Store spend
- 2X AEON Member Points for AEON Store spend
- 3X access to Plaza Premium Lounges nationwide
- Up to RM200,000 travel insurance
Annual fee: RM95
Minimum salary: RM3,000
3. Lazada Citi Platinum MasterCard Credit Card
Don’t like shopping outside? Do most of your shopping online? Then this exclusive Citibank x Lazada card is for you.
- 10X Citi Rewards Points for Lazada (including Lazada Wallet) spend
- 5X Citi Rewards Points for selected Citi Strategic Partner(s) spend & 1X for Other spend
- 1,000 bonus Citi Rewards Points with minimum RM1,500 monthly spend
- Offset Lazada spend via Citi Rewards Points
Annual fee: RM100 (waived for first 3 years upon approval)
Minimum salary: RM2,000
4. HSBC Platinum Mastercard Credit Card
Not only is this credit card rewarding for almost all types of spends, it even rewards you MORE if you choose to use contactless payments.
- 8X Rewards Points for Contactless spend (Mastercard Tap&Go™, Visa payWave or Samsung Pay)
- 5X Rewards Points for Online, Overseas, Groceries spend & 1X for Other spend
- Exclusive deals & savings from special discounts to offers at more than 6,500 Shopping outlets nationwide
- 8X Monthly Rewards capped at RM3,000
Annual fee: RM240
Minimum salary: RM3,000
5. Citi Rewards Mastercard Credit Card
If you spend most of your shopping time in departmental stores and supermarkets, you’d find this Citi card very rewarding. One great thing about this card is that your Citi Reward points don’t expire so you can keep saving, and saving, and saving, and saving…
- 5X Citi Rewards Points for Overseas spend and at AEON, AEON BiG, Marks & Spencer, Metrojaya, Parkson, Robinsons, Tangs, Isetan, B.I.G Ben’s Independent Grocer, Cold Storage, Everise, Giant, Jasons Food Hall, Jaya Grocer, Servay, Tesco, Village Grocer & many more
- 1X Citi Rewards Points for other spend
- Citi Rewards Points do not expire
- Unlimited access to Plaza Premium Lounge in KLIA
- Up to RM50,000 travel insurance
Annual fee: RM600 waived for first 3 years upon approval
Minimum salary: RM5,000
6. Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard Credit Card
This credit card features a surprisingly high cash back rate of 5%, 10%, and 15% depending on your monthly spend. The more you spend, the bigger your rewards.
- 15% Cashback for RM2,500 minimum monthly spend
- 10% Cashback for RM1,500 minimum monthly spend, 5% for RM1,000 minimum monthly spend & 0.2% for other spend
- Exclusive merchants offers
Annual fee: RM250 (waived in first year)
Minimum monthly salary: RM3,000
Just remember, don’t spend beyond your means!
Rewards may be great and all, but it’s never worth getting into debt. When you shop with your credit card, remember to always spend within your means and to constantly compare before settling on something for good.
View Articles by:
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Banking & Finance
- Budgets & Tax
- Car Insurance
- Credit Card
- Debt Management
- Fraud & Scam
- Guest Post
- Money Tips
- Personal Loan
- Sponsored Content
- Travel & Lifestyle
- Travel Insurance