11.11 or singles day is just around the corner and is one of the most awaited days of the year-well at least for fellow shopaholics! Originating as a day to celebrate single people by a group of students from Nanjing University back in 1993, 11.11 is now a global shopping day. If you’re looking forward to this year's singles day to do some shopping, we’ve prepared a list of how to get the best deals during the 11.11 sale!
1. Know what you want
Most brands will be participating in the 11.11 sale but not all brands will be offering good deals during the sale, hence it's important to know exactly what you want to buy. Once you have your shopping list sorted, you can start finding and comparing the prices on a different platforms to make sure you get the best deal. This is also a perfect time to start buying gifts for your friends and families for Christmas and other holidays if you’re on a budget. Plan to shop around sales like this to get the best deals.
2. Compare prices
Do you notice sometimes different platform offers different pricing for the same item? This could happen for multiple reasons and one of them is that the brand probably has a better agreement or arrangement with a certain platform. Hence, its platform offers more discounts. Make sure you do your research and look around before buying anything.
3. Claim promo codes
There are multiple channels for you to claim vouchers. Check out some of the examples of where you can claim these vouchers:
- Brands normally will post it on their social media platforms, newsletters, messaging apps, and other tools they use to communicate with their consumer.
- A shopping platform like Shopee will create a tab with tons of shopping vouchers you can claim. We recommend you to go through the T&C prior to the sale day to avoid any disappointment as such vouchers normally have minimum spending or some may even have certain recruitment that you need to fulfill before you can use them.
- You can also find promo codes on your bank app. Banks like CIMB have a specific tab for deals where you can find all the latest deals and promos.
Related: 6 Ways To Stop Impulse Shopping
4. Use your credit cards
E-commerce platform like Shopee, Lazada, and Zalora also offers additional discounts if you pay using certain credit cards. If you have any card with shopping, rebate, and cashback as its main features, make sure to check the deals you can bag on 11.11. Credit card like Lazada Citi Platinum Mastercard® is giving out up to RM22 off your purchases (t&c apply).
Get a credit card that suits your spending habits from CompareHero today and win all amazing gifts! Apply here.
5. Check the return policies
You still have a few days before 11.11. We highly recommend you check the return policies for all your desired items. Some brands don't allow any return policy for sale items. If that’s the case, be sure of all sizes, colors, and quantities before you click on the checkout button.
6. You don’t have to buy anything
This message is brought specially for those who suffer from FOMO: You don’t have to buy anything just because everybody is doing so!
We hope this guide will help you to make informed decisions. Only buy things that you plan to! Happy Shopping!