Promotions – Flash Deal
[13 – 15 MAY 2019] FLASH DEAL
Apply for a Citibank credit card through us, during the Flash Deal sign-up period, and make a minimum of 3 times retail spend (any amount) after you activate your new card. The fastest 125 new cardholders to make 3 times retail spend will receive a pair of Apple Airpods 2 (worth RM 699.00) for FREE!
APPLY FOR A CITI CARD NOW
More magical than ever.
Now with more talk time and a new Charging Case, AirPods deliver an unparalleled wireless headphone experience. Simply take them out and they’re ready to use with all your devices. Put them in your ears and they connect immediately, immersing you in rich, high-quality sound. Just like magic.
Powered by the all-new Apple H1 headphone chip, AirPods deliver a faster and more stable wireless connection to your devices — up to 2 times faster when switching between active devices2 and a 1.5 times faster connection time for phone calls.3 The H1 chip also delivers up to 30 per cent lower gaming latency.4 So whether you’re playing games, listening to music or enjoying podcasts, you’ll experience higher-quality sound.
What’s in the Box?
- Charging Case
- Lightning to USB Cable
Participating Bank and Eligible Credit Cards
APPLY FOR A CITI CARD NOW
Disclaimer: Kindly ensure that your full name, mobile number and email address registered with CompareHero.my will be the same as the one provided to Citibank during credit card application. Mismatch of details will cause gift fulfillment to be cancelled or delayed.
Tips to increase your chance of becoming a *Successful Cardholder and receiving the Flash Deal gift.
- Get all your latest financial documents ready.
- Fastest way to register your interest within the Flash Deal period is on our website.
- Answer the call from our Customer Heroes (mobile phone numbers ending with xxx-xxx0211) or reply emails from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . Check spam folders too!
- Answer the call from the bank and check your email for the application documents.
- Fill up the forms clearly and properly, sign all the relevant areas, scan your documents and submit all required documents to the bank promptly.
- If your application is approved, collect your new credit card as soon as possible, activate it immediately and perform the required transactions fast!
Even if you registered your interest within the first 24 hours but have delays in answering calls or submitting documents, it can cause further delays in the approval process. Remember, it’s the 3rd transaction date that puts you in the running for the Flash Deal gift.
If you are NOT one of the *Successful Cardholders of the Flash Deal gift, an alternative/goodwill gift may be yours.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Interested credit card applicants must register for any of the eligible credit cards via CompareHero.my within the Flash Deal sign-up period. Registration can be on the website (www.comparehero.my) or via CompareHero.my social media advertisements (Facebook and Instagram Lead Forms).
- Applicants may receive a phone call or email from one of our Customer Heroes to clarify some personal information. We do not ask for private financial documents or any fees from applicants. Official application of credit cards is conducted directly by the participating bank.
- After approval and activation of any of the eligible credit cards, cardholders must perform a minimum of 3 transactions (spend* of any amount) within 60 days of card welcome letter.
- Cardholders will be sorted by the earliest to the latest date the 3rd transaction was made, and the date and time of the registration of interest during the sign-up period.
- Only a stipulated number (refer to description above or terms and conditions of the promotion) of cardholders will then be awarded a Flash Deal gift each. Other cardholders may then receive an alternative/goodwill gift.
Calls from Customer Hero Center are made via mobile phone numbers ending with xxx-xxx0211 and emails sent could be from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We contact interested applicants the following working day after a registration is submitted. Please do pick up our call or check email spam folders for our emails.
The participating bank will call you between 1 – 2 working days after your registration with CompareHero.my to start your application process. The bank will require your financial documents for processing and, once submitted, may take between up to 2 weeks for a decision to be made. If the bank does not contact you within the said period, please reply our email to let us know and we will gladly help to follow up with the bank.
You may be asked for any number of the following documents. Please prepare your documents early for faster and smother processing. Any additional documents required will be requested by the bank.
|Type of Applicant
||Documents That May Be Required
- Copy of MyKad (both sides)
- Latest EPF statement
- Latest 3 months’ salary slip
- Latest 3 months’ bank statements
- Latest EA form
- Latest BE form with tax receipt
- Copy of MyKad (both sides)
- Copy of SSM Business Registration Certificate
- Latest 6 months’ bank statements
- Latest B form with tax receipt
- Copy of passport
- Latest 3 months’ salary slip
- Copy of work permit valid for at least 6 months at the time of application
- Copy of letter of employment
No, CompareHero.my is not responsible for the approval nor the delivery of the cards. Kindly contact the issuing bank for the status of your card application, approval, rejection, and collection or delivery of cards.
When you receive a new credit card, it comes with instructions on how to activate the card. Unless the card is activated, it can’t be used for purchases or cash advances. Activating a credit card will require you to follow the instructions from the issuing bank. Here are some common ways to do so:
- via SMS
- via bank website or app
- via bank hotline
- by making a retail purchase
There is a minimum number of transactions (please refer to description above or read the terms and conditions) but no minimum amount to be spent.
For the sake of clarity, customers who do not meet the minimum transactions required shall not be eligible to receive the Flash Deal gift.
Citibank defines Eligible Spend as the purchase of any goods or services (local or international), online or at a store, except for:
- Instalments paid under Citibank’s FlexiPayment Plan, EPP transactions, Credit Shield Plus, Quick Cash, Balance Transfer, Balance Transfer via Installment Plan and Cash Advance;
- Any disputed, cancelled, refunded, unauthorized or fraudulent purchase transactions;
- Payment of annual Citi Credit Card membership fees, Interest payments, late payment fees, charges for cash withdrawals, Sales and Service Tax or other taxes and any other form of service/miscellaneous fees.
We do not guarantee the Flash Deal gift to every applicant or cardholder. But we do guarantee it’s free!
We only have a limited quantity of Flash Deal gifts. So, we only give out that number of gifts according to “first met criteria, first get”.
For the sake of clarity, cardholders are sorted by the earliest to the latest date the 3rd transaction was made and the date and time of the registration of interest via CompareHero.my during the Sign-Up Period.
Official bank reports are issued to CompareHero.my approximately 2 weeks after a month ends (i.e. middle of the following month). CompareHero.my will then contact the X number of *Successful Cardholders by email to get their delivery details.
As an example, if you activated your new card between 1-30 March, we will only receive the official bank report in the middle of April. All cardholders are sorted by the earliest to the latest date the 3rd transaction was made and the date and time of the registration of interest via CompareHero.my during the Sign-Up Period. If there are only 100 Flash Deal gifts to be given out, we will then contact only the first 100 names on the sorted list and honour them with the gift. The remainder may be given an alternative/goodwill gift as a token of appreciation.
And no, the Flash Deals are not scams. It is based on criteria set; date of 3rd transaction and date & time of registration with CompareHero.my. While you may have be the very first to register with us, your card approval and transactions may have been much later due to a variety of reasons (delays in submitting documents / longer approval process / late delivery or collection of cards / delay in card activation).
If you are one of the X number of *Successful Cardholders, then yes – you will receive a gift of the same value.
If you are not one of the X number of *Successful Cardholders, then no – you will not receive a gift of the same value.
You may be eligible for an alternative gift. At our discretion, we may deliver a goodwill gift as a token of our appreciation. See alternative/goodwill gift section above.
You will receive an email from us (email@example.com) with instructions on how to redeem your gift online OR we could request for your delivery details in a Gift Redemption Form. Either way, there will be specific instructions given in the email and in the end, the gifts will be delivered to the address given via a courier service.
*For applicants residing in East Malaysia, kindly read our Terms & Conditions if the Flash Deal gift is available to whole Malaysia or Peninsula Malaysia only.
Yes, we are! We have been around for over 5 years and is part of the CompareAsiaGroup that operates in 6 different countries and is serving over 600 million customers in the region!
No one is able to pre-determine cut-off dates or time for card activation or transactions, and therefore can’t tell which applicant is eligible for the gift. Ultimately, the selection of *Successful Cardholders is based on official bank reports and time stamps from our website or social media. Should you wish to dispute your eligibility, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of your activation date, and we will seriously consider your case.
Previous Flash Deals that you may have missed. Click to open.
Compare the best deals in just one minute!